Root Cause Analysis
High risk, high impact events require analysis to prevent recurrence.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) identifies the causal factors in adverse events.
Root Cause Analysis:
- Is a risk and quality management tool.
- Answers questions: What happened? Why?
- Supports the development of strategies for prevention or control.
Darianne uses the Apollo Root Cause Analysis charting and reporting software.
Darianne is experienced applying RCA to:
- Adverse client/resident/patient events including Sentinel Events.
- Workplace accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Events arising out of control system failures (e.g. recruitment processes, policies and procedures, training)
RCA information can be coupled with other risk management data, systems and activities for comprehensive analysis.
- Was the event on your risk register? Was it rated appropriately?
- What controls were in place for the event?
- How did the controls fail/fall short?
For an Independent Assessment
Contact Darianne who brings in addition to RCA an extensive background in health service delivery and management including the management of health, safety and risk and knowledge and skills in ergonomics and investigations.
“Our organisation contracted Darianne from Zambotti Consulting to undertake a Root Cause Analysis recently and we were impressed with her approach. Darianne was thorough and objective but was also approachable and practical. Her hands on experience in operating organisations was obvious. We would gladly use Darianne again in the future.” Suzi Cowcher, Chief Operating Officer, Amana Living.